Wednesday, August 24, 2011

2010's Fall Decor



These are pics of my fall decorating from 2010, I LOVE Fall decor!!! So for picture 1, I gathered cornstalks, goldenrod, dried queen anne's lace, cattails, branches of maple leaves, and some red and orange berries, and arranged them in a small old wooden barrel that I have had for years, Result: a gorgeous floral display, Cost: NADA! I grew a bunch of pumpkins and gourds in my garden that year so I picked all that I had (there were a ton) and put them in a wire egg basket, crocks, whatever would hold them and look nice really. Then I added an antique wood lantern, and a fall ribbon in a brown gingham to the bouquet. This cost nothing, and looked like it cost something, plus I enjoyed it! My kids joined me in this also, so we had an all-around fun time.
For the second picture, this is my coffee table that sets in my living room, I bought it at a yard sale for $5, it was a nasty pink/beige color, (yes it was ugly enough to make me gag) there were 3 doors across the front that did not even shut, so I took those off, painted it a chocolate brown, and:... very Pottery Barn style table! The 3 ceramic pots I bought on clearance at a home improvement store for $4 each, (silly dance)! I stuffed newspaper in the bottoms, for filler material, then filled them with my gourds, I strung a grapevine garland around the pots to fill empty space on the bottom of the table. On the top, I cut a piece of tan color gunny-sack type material (I know there is an official name for it but I cant think of it!) cost: $1 or less, I added some ceramic Jack o' lanterns, gourds and colorful fall leaves. So my total cost for this was about...$25!! That includes the table, paint, pots, and cloth. Pretty good I'd say....
The last picture was the other part of my front porch decor. I had an old plant stand that looked like a spiral staircase, I put a pumpkin on each round step, filled the top basket with gourds, added a bushel basket that I had turned a smaller basket upside down inside it to add filler and to work as a platform for the large pumpkin inside the basket, I strung a live grapevine around the pumpkin to fill in dead space, tucked in some gourds and more maple leaf branches around it, added a bench behind the plant stand and at a slight angle and set baskets of apples and pears (that I picked from old trees around our home) on and around it. I also hung another antique wood lantern from the stand, and filled in the empty spaces with more pumpkins and gourds and crocks!! Cost: ZERO!!
See what you can do with what you have? Its easy, its cheap, and this looks great! I received so many compliments last year on my Fall Decor! Now you go see what you can do to decorate your home for Fall!! Have fun! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment